Microelectrode Polishing Machine MHK 1A
Portable, speed-controlled electrode polisher for use with standard upright or dissection microscopes. For abrasion, polishing and rejuvenation of all types of glass-insulated, disc-shaped ultramicroelectrodes/microelectrodes.
By tuning the grading of the abrasive foil as well as the speed of the polishing disc and the feed rate along the microelectrode axis (X-axis), it is possible to either just remove accumulations of electrochemical active components and dirt or even to abrade considerable masses of glass, which can be necessary to rejuvenate an microelectrode tip.
Different graded adhesive abrasive foils are part of shipment and can be changed easily.
HEKA also offers a complete set consisting of the MHK 1A polisher and a stereo-microscope. This bundle includes everything what is needed to polish microelectrodes.
The stereo-microscope consists of two separated tubes which houses the oculars and are combined to one unit in order to focus them synchronously. Each tube possesses one prism, an objective and an wide angle eyepiece. Due to this a big at visual field is yielded. Both eyes look under a slight different angle and hence a stereo-microscopic effect arises.
The MHK 1A is a portable, speed-controlled electrode polisher for use with standard upright or dissection microscopes. For abrasion, polishing and rejuvenation of all types of glass-insulated, disc-shaped ultramicroelectrodes/ microelectrodes.
- Compatible to all standard upright or dissection microscopes
- Speed-controlled (4000 – 12000 rpm)
- Direction of rotation can be changed by extra switch
- 3 different graded abrasive foils (20 pieces from each)
- Cleaning, polishing, rejuvenation of (ultra)microelectrodes
- Precise control of polishing process by micrometer tables along X- and Y- axises
- MHK 1A: 895282
- MHK 1A Bundle: 895283
- Rough-textured/blue (Order Number: 895056)
- Medium-textured/light grey (Order Number: 895058)
- Fine-textured/dark grey (Order Number: 895057)
We offer Pt, Au, Ag and Carbon microelectrodes in various sizes. Microelectrodes for SKP are also available.
The video shows the fine polish of a Pt microdisk electrode (10 µm in diameter) under optical control.