Electrochemical Probe Scanner
The HEKA ElProScan is an Electrochemical Probe Scanner for various investigations of electrochemical active surfaces. It belongs to the family of the scanning microscopes like AFM, STM or SECM. The system consists of three main units, a positioning system, a Bipotentiostat/Galvanostat and a data acquisition system. The positioning system moves an ultramicroelectrode in three dimensions over an electrochemically active surface under solution. In this way the ElProScan can be used as a normal SECM but it is much more than that. The chief difference is the application of any electrochemical method (free programmable pulse protocol) at the tip and not only the recording of tip currents. During the protocol, an independent method can be applied to the sample and run simultaneously with the method applied to the tip. ElProScan, therefore can also be used for active electrochemical surface modification.
The HEKA ElProScan system is designed to be used for a wide range of applications such as various kinds of surface analyses, metal deposition, deposition of conductive polymers, imaging of enzyme activity and catalytic centers to name only a few.
The HEKA ElProScan is an integrated system, which allows control of all components by one software program and it consists of scientific grade hardware components to achieve optimal performance. The HEKA ElProScan is the only system which can perform measurements in an extremely wide current range up to 2 A. It also operates as a standard (Bi-)potentiostat/Galvanostat, thus, making it usable for many other electrochemical applications also.
Low current preamplifiers allow high-resolution low-noise recordings in the low pA range. The HEKA ElProScan features a positioning system with a large travel range and a resolution in the nanometer range. No compromises have been made with respect to the mechanical setup components to guarantee high accuracy and reproducibility.
The whole ElProScan system is controlled by our well established POTMASTER software and the embedded ElProScan extension. POTMASTER is a data acquisition program that provides sophisticated tools for waveform generation, data review and editing as well as online analysis.
- High precision positioning system as combination of DC servo motors and piezo translator
- Closed loop controlled Piezo for fine height control
- Time, position and electrochemical parameters are synchronized in an optimal way by real-time speed and position controller.
- Real-time encoder based position control
- Large scanning area
- Fully software controlled Bipotentiostat/Galvanostat for control and recording of potentials and currents from tip and sample
- Extremely wide current and potential ranges for tip and sample.
- Matrix Scan with free programmable electrochemical methods
- Programmable free waveform generator
Order Number: 895191
- Real OCP-measurements of catalytic materials
- Surface investigation in organic and aqueous solutions under temperature control
- Metal deposition in the micrometer/nanometer scale (galvanic and electroless)
- Local deposition of conductive polymers on surfaces in organic or aqueous solvents