Our Flagship Electrochemical Probe Scanner ELP 3
The HEKA ELP 3 is an Electrochemical Probe Scanner with integrated inverted microscope optics. It is the perfect platform to be used with biological samples in SECM and SICM experiments.
The HEKA ELP 3 system combines the ElProScan with Transmitted Light Imaging and Fluorescence Imaging techniques in one instrument. Transmitted light imaging or fluorescence imaging can be performed simultaneously to the scan process.
The HEKA ELP 3 system provides a motorized focus drive which can be easily controlled during the scan process via a joystick. Manipulations on the focus can be performed without touching the scan setup.
The HEKA ElProScan is an integrated system, which allows control of all components by one software program and it consists of scientific grade hardware components to achieve optimal performance. The HEKA ElProScan is the only system which can perform measurements in an extremely wide current range up to 2 A. It also operates as a standard (Bi-)potentiostat/Galvanostat, thus, making it usable for many other electrochemical applications also.
Low current preamplifiers allow high-resolution low-noise recordings in the low pA range. The HEKA ElProScan features a positioning system with a large travel range and a resolution in the nanometer range. No compromises have been made with respect to the mechanical setup components to guarantee high accuracy and reproducibility.
The whole ElProScan system is controlled by our well established POTMASTER software and the embedded ElProScan extension. POTMASTER is a data acquisition program that provides sophisticated tools for waveform generation, data review and editing as well as online analysis.
- High precision positioning system as combination of DC servo motors and piezo translator
- Closed loop controlled Piezo for fine height control
- Time, position and electrochemical parameters are synchronized in an optimal way by real-time speed and position controller.
- Real-time encoder based position control
- Large scanning area
- Fully software controlled Bipotentiostat/Galvanostat for control and recording of potentials and currents from tip and sample
- Extremely wide current and potential ranges for tip and sample.
- Matrix Scan with free programmable electrochemical methods
- Programmable free waveform generator
- Real OCP-measurements of catalytic materials
- Imaging of local pH gradients
- Imaging of enzyme activity in biological membranes
- Imaging of exocytosis
- Surface investigation in organic and aqueous solutions under temperature control
- Metal deposition in the micrometer/nanometer scale (galvanic and electroless)
- Local deposition of conductive polymers on surfaces in organic or aqueous solvents