Synchronize and Link your Electrochemical or Electrophysiological and Imaging Data
SmartLUX allows to perform simultaneous image acquisition and electrophysiological recordings. The timing of a fluorescence excitation light source, the camera and the electrophysiological command signals are synchronized by the Pulse Generator of PATCHMASTER / POTMASTER.
Fluorescence mean values from regions of interest (ROI), which can be marked by the user in the image, are plotted together with e.g. the current trace in the Oscilloscope window and stored together with the other data in the data tree.
When stepping through the data tree, SmartLUX shows the corresponding image. In case more images have been acquired during a single sweep, the individual images are shown when stepping through the data points of the fluorescence trace using the scan function of the Oscilloscope.
Fluorescence Excitation light sources which can be controlled in the same way as:
- Polychrome and Oligochrome from TILL Photonics
- OptoScan from Cairn Research
- DG-4/DG-5 wavelength switcher from Sutter Instrument Company
- Lambda 10 filter wheels from Sutter Instrument Company
- DeltaRAM monochromator from PTI
- Live Mode
- Auto and manual scaling (Min / Max)
- Mouse tip shows pixel position and intensity value
- Up to 3 different wavelength in a sweep recording
- Online plotting of mean fluorescence values from ROIs together with sweep data
- Direct link between image data and electrophysiological/electrochemical data when replaying sweeps of electrophysiological data the first image taken in the sweep is automatically shown
- When scanning through individual data points of a fluorescence trace the corresponding image is automatically shown
- Multiple ROIs can be drawn and processed. For each ROI a fluorescence trace is created in PATCHMASTER / POTMASTER and filled with the fluorescence mean values calculated from the ROI. Those data are stored in the data file and can be displayed in the Oscilloscope and processed in the Online analysis as other data.
- The ROI mask is saved with the image stack
- Background subtraction on ROI mean fluorescence values
- Calculation of fluorescence ratios
- Calculation of free calcium concentrations
- SmartLUX: 895050
For your imaging experiments we can offer you a high-end research grade CCD camera. It provides features like active cooling, a 14-bit dynamic range and up to 1360 x 1024 pixels to provide accurate images. Up to 16 frames per second ensure accurate monitoring of time course data in applications like calcium imaging.
- 2/3” interline monochrome CCD sensor
- 1360 x 1024 pixel [1.4 Mpix] sensor resolution
- 6.45 μm x 6.45 μm pixel size [W x H]
- 14-bit A / D conversion
- 50 MHz pixel clock
- 25 μs … 60 s exposure times
- 2x … 16x image resolution (binning)
- Thermoelectric Cooling to +15°C stabilized
- 3.0 USB digital interface
- Hardware requirements:
- MS Windows 7, 8 or 10
- OS X 10.4 or higher
- 3 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 256 MB graphics, USB 3.0, SSD Driver, Multicore recommended
- Standard CCD Camera for SmartLUX: 895165
Please have a look below into the feature list below to get further information. However, please contact us to get our advice which camera fits best to your needs and applications.
At present SmartLUX supports cameras from:
- Retiga Electro
- Orca Flash 4.0
- Orca Spark
- Prime 95B
- Prime BSI
- Evolve 512 Delta
Hardware specifications are subject to change without notice.